My Top Ten Thankful List

I used to have a tradition of writing a list of *everything* I could think of to be grateful for every Thanksgiving. It was a nice tradition. I would snuggle up with my journal and ponder for an hour or so all the things I have been given. It definitely brought the spirit of thanks into my heart. But let's be honest...that kind of time is truly a thing of the past. I'm lucky just to get a shower these days...

So we're going to amend the tradition right here and now and make it a 'top ten list'. This might actually be harder in some ways because it forces me to rank things. But here goes...

Today I am thankful for...

10. A shower! Need I say more? :)
9. Fall leaves and Sunshine - they make me happy! We had a beautiful clear day to enjoy outside this morning - the colors are so vibrant and reminds me that God is an artist
8. Sleep - I got some when I took a nap a few days ago, still living off of it :)
7. A full tummy - it's so much nicer to sleep with one!
6. A warm home to return to after being out in the cold - even if the heater rattles like a spaceship about to blast off! We have a heater that works! Hooray!
5. Good music - it lifts my spirits and gives me a soundtrack for living life more joyfully
4. Healthy, curious, joyful children - they are each such a miracle and melt my heart with the sweet, funny things they do and say. Every day with them is a gift.
3. A Prince for a Husband - he truly is my hero. So patient, kind, and fun to be with. I got very, VERY lucky :)
2. Togetherness - all day long! We literally got to be together as a family the ENTIRE day! I can't remember the last time we had that blessing! it was so nice :)
1. God's love - without which nothing else on my list would exist. He has given me EVERYTHING, especially the gift of his perfect, merciful Son. I am so grateful for my Savior. Because of him I have courage to keep going each day, and the hope that tomorrow can be even better than today was...

A hard day to beat!









Comments

Popular Posts