Our Little Man turns 1!

Lucas had a wonderful first birthday filled with life's simple pleasures...like chocolate, driving, and having his birthday toys absconded...

"I can't believe I'm getting away with this!"


After: "Hey guys, you've got to try some of this!"


"What does the big red button do?"


The birthday present "ball popper" was a big hit with the older toddler crowd - thankfully, he didn't seem to mind sharing:



And out of all the hats in the dress-up box, he picked the birthday crown to put on:


My first attempt at marshmallow fondant icing...quite the adventure. Never mind that it looks like cheese and I put the candle on backwards :P I know why I don't decorate cakes professionally like my amazing sister.


But the real 'icing on the cake' was that Lucas took his first steps today! (2 days after his birthday, but who's counting??) There's no stopping our little man now! WE LOVE YOU Lukey :)

Comments

  1. Wow he is already bigger than the last time I saw him. Yay for his first steps!! And the cake looks great!! I love Lucas' mesmerized expression in the car. Like father like son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-day! Lucas! :)

    Brandon, Iris, Jon & Wen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cake--way to take on fondant! And I like the cheesy-colored look :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts