A pretty sweet summer - part 1

As always, summer blew by! We had so much fun this summer. Here's some of the highlights...

Camping over Memorial Day at Sunset beach with Charles, Mara & Martha...a perfect way to kick off the season!

Campfires are the real reason for camping! You can't really do it in your own backyard...
Pretty poppies - I loooove poppies!

Kite flying craziness. It was sooo windy that we couldn't really hang out at the beach at all.

There were some incredible trees that the kids let their imaginations run wild in.

Hiking along the windy beach with Natalie. This beach is covered with sand dollars!

Strawberry fields forever

The most delicious tin foil dinners ala Mara
Bleary-eyed beach combers




Early in June we were so lucky to have a visit from Grandma Holloman, she was incredibly brave to come on her own and stay with us for nearly a week. We had so much fun hearing her stories, taking her to some of our favorite places, and just soaking up her warm southern spirit. She is such a radiant woman.

Isn't she gorgeous? Grandma's smile is so contagious.

At the Japanese Tea Garden in SJ.

I love watching these fish flip-flopping around in the sun

I love the light and colors in this picture


Charles on shish-kabob grillin' duty - he's da man!

Listening to Grandma's stories was such a treat

Cousin cuteness in the courtyard

Eating dessert  - strawberries w/brown sugar & sour cream - at the park

We had a fun excursion to Roaring Camp railroads through the redwoods

We love you Grandma!

Our Hollywood Grandma

All aboard...
...not overboard!

howdy partners

Life is more interesting updside-down

Field trips this summer included a visit to a bee-keeping place in Alum Rock...


Beeswax!


Our three musketeers

Fathers' Day pie for breakfast

Riding Caltrain

Raising tadpoles into frogs

Little spring peepers...aren't they cute?

Taking care of the froglets

Field trip to Reid Hillview airport

Jeff Freeman teaching us about airplanes & flight

Future pilots!

I love the way Lucas lit up in the cockpit

More to come soon...heading to bed now!

Comments

  1. such a fun summer! I heard about the good news Marcie! Congrats and I'll try to meet with you sometime soon! :-) Wen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way, Happy Birthday! Marcie! :-) Wen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do some of these fun things when I'm in California in the Spring. I'll let you know when I come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! What a beautiful family you have Marcie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts