Water under the bridge
I've taken a little blogging hiatus. I don't have a super good reason, I think life just got busy. We went on vacation in the summer. We started homeschooling in the fall. Now the holidays are upon us. In the back of my mind I've had this goal to be disciplined enough to start running again, as evidenced by my last blog post about running the golden gate bridge...I wish I could report "I did it!" But instead I'll just say "there's a lot of water under that bridge!" We did a lot of other great things instead. We'll see how much catching up happens, but suiffice it to say - I am so grateful for the things I have learned the last 6 months!
On Saturday we put up our Christmas tree in the morning and headed up to Half Moon Bay hoping to catch the "negative tide" since we'd heard it was an ideal tidepooling opportunity. Instead, 3/4 into the drive we found ourselves bottlenecked in traffic -totally unexpected. Later Nate said if he'd been driving we'd have turned around and made it home long before we actually made it to the beach...which was another hour. But since I was driving, and I tend to be the stubborn determined one, look what we made it just in time to see....!
It was such a majestic sunset with a wide expanse to run and splash in shallow waters - we just let Elijah loose to splash to his little heart's content. Natalie kept saying how much she loved the feeling of the waves crashing over her. And Lucas giggled with glee when he got to run arm in arm with mom and Dad across the sand. Mom got to take deep, clean, happy breaths in her favorite place. And sweet Dad humored us all and made the most of it!
On Saturday we put up our Christmas tree in the morning and headed up to Half Moon Bay hoping to catch the "negative tide" since we'd heard it was an ideal tidepooling opportunity. Instead, 3/4 into the drive we found ourselves bottlenecked in traffic -totally unexpected. Later Nate said if he'd been driving we'd have turned around and made it home long before we actually made it to the beach...which was another hour. But since I was driving, and I tend to be the stubborn determined one, look what we made it just in time to see....!
It was such a majestic sunset with a wide expanse to run and splash in shallow waters - we just let Elijah loose to splash to his little heart's content. Natalie kept saying how much she loved the feeling of the waves crashing over her. And Lucas giggled with glee when he got to run arm in arm with mom and Dad across the sand. Mom got to take deep, clean, happy breaths in her favorite place. And sweet Dad humored us all and made the most of it!

Comments
Post a Comment