On May Day I decided to have a daughter appreciation day! I made a little card for Natalie telling her all the things I appreciate about her, since I felt she needed a little extra TLC that week. We girls are a minority in our home and need to stick together :)
I have so many great photos of her I thought I'd share some. Here's some things I appreciate about my daughter!
 |
| Joyfulness. Natalie definitely has spunk! On St. Patricks day we went to Ed Levin and she caught a fish with her bare hands - what a gal! |
|
|
 |
| Appreciation for the little things. She has always had such a fascination with creation, especially insects. |
 |
| Strength and can-do attitude. We took a little hike up a hill, and she looked back at me huffing with Christian and said "I can carry him!" She insisted on carrying him the whole way up! |
 |
| Sweetness and goodness.When she got to the top of the hill I told her - "Natalie, you could have crossed the plains with the pioneers!" |
 |
| Cheerfulness and helpfulness. She is so fun to be with. Life is never boring with Natalie around! |
 |
| Love of good books. She's gotten really into Little House again, this time reading the whole series on her own. It was so fun to see her reading in her pioneer costume, sometimes inside a little covered wagon made out of our laundry cart. | |
|
 |
| Gratitude. I stumbled upon this note from awhile ago. She is so good at expressing appreciation for people. |
 |
| Love of music. She loves to practice piano. This is her first time performing piano in public, for the ward talent show. |
 |
| Creativity. Making her lion costume for the Shakespeare play. |
|
 |
| This is the mostly finished project (minus the Pj's underneath!) She had fun with that tail :) |
 |
| Caring. I must say I've been pretty than impressed with how well she takes care of her hamster. He is a lucky fellow to be under her care. |
 |
| Fort building. When Dad took the boys to the father-sons' campout, we made caramel corn and watched the muppets and slept in the amazing fort she made. It was so fun!! |
So, there you have it...so many reasons why I love and appreciate my little girl! (this was intended to be posted for mothers' day but, as usual, I'm a little behind. I'll do something similar for my little boys too!)
This is so sweet and captures Natalie so well. I am impressed with all that she is doing: piano, sewing, pets, reading, caring for siblings. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteI love this! That lion picture was perfection. She is such an amazing girl!
ReplyDelete