Holiday Highlights

I've decided that I'm a binge blogger :) I share all our updates in a few days and then take a 6 month break. So, enjoy these pictures since I probably won't post again until summer! (or, then again, I could surprise you!)

Thanksgiving with the Hollomans - pie, pie, pie, oh my!!

No family gathering is complete without a fashion parade

Temple lights are so spectacular and really set the tone for our Christmas season!

There is a story behind Christian's missing shoe...it, too, has nine lives!! (and counting!)

Decorating the tree is always so magical, especially your first time! don't you love that little face??

Daddy working his bedtime magic

Elijah working his LLcoolJ magic

Forts - what would childhood be without them?? a little less...messy, maybe :)

speaking of messy...this guy was the official fudge taste tester...I swear he only got the pieces that fell on the floor!

We had a lot of fun cutting up the chocolate block. You can see why we had so many pieces on the floor :)

Our family gifts were personalized treasure boxes for keeping gifts to the Christ Child. The kids loved helping.

Charles' incredible Christmas Santa bread...look at that tummy!

Sweet baby Elizabeth - she has such a beautiful momma!

Christian took his first steps the night we had our get together with the Hollomans before going to Idaho, so exciting!!

Cousin love! We had a really fun time exchanging gifts together the night before we left for Idaho. 

Grandpa Hill sharing his insect collection to some very fascinated grandchildren

There was still snow when we arrived (but no fresh snow the entire time). Glad the kids got some good snow time while it lasted!

The amazing Bread Making Marvel - it will take me a lifetime to try to make bread as good as this!

Ping pong is Lucas' new favorite sport!

Nate joined the Youngs for some very sweaty Christmas eve day basketball fun

Our Christmas Eve skit was complete with Macy the Donkey-dog

The Hill Christmas eve tradition of Egg Nog and Crab Cheese ball...yummmm!

Christmas morning snuggles with Grandpa

I LOVE my new ball!!

Grandma was delighted with her box of cherry sours!

Natalie is so excited to read the Book of Mormon before her baptism!

Christmas dinner was a happy time

The Coopers came and made gingerbread houses with us - so sweet!

James & Chaely came and we got to meet little Lily Mae!

Playing 'pass the sign' with the Youngs - what a hilariously frustrating game! It brought back so many memories of drama club and college FHE groups :)

Again, no family gathering complete without a fashion parade...

Rock climbing at the sled shed

Monkey Men

We had a really nice visit with Great Grandma & Grandpa Hill in IF

Enjoying the nightly binge on the houses

The Youngs presented a beautiful performance of Michael McLean's "The Garden". The boys in front are singing the part about "the snake lies in the grass, it hisses as it laughs" - they got really into it!!

Each person's role was so perfect for them and sung with such feeling. They made the music and the message really come to life for me, I will always remember them when I hear this music.

Thank you for making our Christmas with such a beautiful gift of the heart!

We were so glad to see Charles & Kristin after they returned from Florida. Grandma made them a beautiful quilt!

Charles & Kristin came sledding & snowmobiling with us...it was a little hard to find enough snow but we still had a great time.

Christian's first sledding trip. He loved being pulled up tummy down on the sled and then riding down the hill in my lap.

Snowmobiles are AWESOME! Thank you Charles & Kristin!!!

New years eve game night, good times!

Celebrating Christian's first birthday

He loved his butternut squash cupcakes! No joke...he loved Grandma Hill's squash so much it became his favorite food!

Stopping in twin falls on our way home...Elder Holloman's old stomping grounds!


The birthday boy got to go swimming for his birthday after driving for 8 hours! He is a little fish.

Home at last...enjoying the fun 'Santa Pants' surprises from Grandma & Grandpa Holloman after we returned (since we forgot to bring them with us)...it was the perfect way to 'wrap up' the season!
Our Holidays this year were so wonderful. It is so much work to travel over the holidays and not something we can do every year, but it was so worth it. We were even able to stay several days later than we originally planned. I was very grateful to have a couple days with Nate being home after we returned. It made the transition back to real life a lot smoother, especially because, of course, everyone got sick right as we were getting home! (though I much prefer that to being sick while being away)

When we asked kids about the highlight of the holidays, it's interesting to me that they don't mention the "big" things like skiing or sledding or presents. They like just being at Grandma & Grandpas house with lots of cousins. I would have to agree with them. It is the feeling of 'gathering' that brings the most joy.

Comments

  1. I love all those little red heads! Your holidays looked wonderful. I agree with you; traveling at the holidays is wonderful, but it's not something I can do each year either. This was our year to stay home and it was great. Love the Book of Mormon chart! Very nice. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts